Exam Registration Instructions
Please read and follow the instructions to properly register for the certification exam.
Step 1: Order and register for an AHIMA certification exam
- Go to the AHIMA Store and select the certification exam that corresponds to the bundle you've purchased.
- Add it to your cart by selecting the "Purchase" button.
Step 2: Authentication
Authentication with an AHIMA user ID and password is required in order to proceed with exam registration.
- Enter your AHIMA user ID and password in the indicated fields. If you have forgotten your user ID or password, select "Forgot Your Password?" to reset it.
- If you do not have an AHIMA account, one can be created at this time.
Step 3: Confirm exam eligibility
- You must confirm eligibility to register for the exam. Confirm eligibility by completing the eligibility form and application for the certification exam that corresponds to the bundle you've purchased.
- Fill out the required fields on the application. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
Step 4: Reveal coupon code
Gently scratch off the sticker on your paper bundle wrapper to reveal the coupon code. The coupon code cannot be shared or transferred.
Step 5: View and edit your shopping cart
- Select the certification exam that corresponds to the bundle you've purchased.
- Enter the revealed coupon code in the designated space for the Promotional Code and select "Apply."
- The total should now be $0.00.
- After the coupon is applied, select "Finish."
Step 6: Shipping and payment information
- Your exam registration fee has been paid. However, please review shipping and payment information to ensure your address information is correct.
- Select "Finish."
- You will receive confirmation that your request was received within 24 hours by email.
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or the application process, please contact AHIMA Customer Relations at (800) 335-5535 or submit a request.