The Directory of PCAP Approved Programs is an online resource which is frequently visited by prospective students who are specifically seeking coding certificate programs which meet rigorous coding education standards, as well as employers who are looking for well-trained job candidates.
An academic coding certificate program is eligible to apply for PCAP approval only if:
There are no exceptions to these eligibility criteria.
1. Download and review the following documents for application requirements:
See the 2018 PCAP Coding Competencies Implementation Timeline below.
2. Ensure that all required documents are prepared as directed so they can be easily uploaded during the online application process.
If you have any questions as you are preparing your application materials, please contact AHIMA’s PCAP Liaison John Richey at email@example.com or 312-233-1149.
3. Using the Self-Study Template as your primary tool,
4. Submit full payment.
5. Upon submission of the online application and full payment, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirmation to verify receipt of your application and payment, after which the formal application review process will begin.
Follow the steps below to annually renew PCAP approval:
1. Download and review the following documents for the PCAP renewal (attestation) requirements:
2. Ensure that all required documents are prepared as directed so they can be easily forwarded via email.
3. Email your Annual Attestation Form and any other required documents to email@example.com.
4. Submit full payment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org after payment has been submitted.
5. Upon submission of your Annual Attestation Form, any other required documents and full payment, you will receive an email confirmation to verify receipt of your renewal materials and payment, after which the formal renewal review process will begin.
|PCAP application or attestation after September 1, 2021||
As of September 1, 2021, all PCAP-approved programs must be transitioned and compliant with the 2018 PCAP Competencies
|September 1, 2021|