Exam Registration Instructions
Please read and follow the instructions to properly register for the certification exam that corresponds to the bundle you purchased.
Step 1: Confirm exam eligibility
Step 2: Order and Register for an AHIMA certification exam
- Go to the AHIMA Store and select the certification exam that corresponds to the bundle you have purchased.
- Select the purchase option to add the exam to your cart.
Step 3: Enter AHIMA User ID and Password
An AHIMA user ID and password is required to proceed with the exam registration.
- Enter your AHIMA user ID and password in the indicated fields. If you have forgotten your user ID or password, select "Forgot Your Password?" to reset it.
- If you do not have an AHIMA account, one can be created at this time.
Step 4: Complete the Application
- Ensure your legal name (first and last) and email address is correct.
- Fill out the required fields on the application. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
Step 5: Reveal Coupon Code
- Gently scratch off the sticker on the bundle card from the bundle you purchased to reveal your coupon code. The coupon code cannot be shared or transferred.
Step 6: View your shopping cart
- Confirm the certification exam corresponds to the bundle you purchased.
- Enter the revealed coupon code in the designated space labeled “Promotional Code” and select “Apply.”
- The total should now be $0.00.
- Select “Finish.”
- You will receive confirmation that your request was received within 24 hours via email.
Step 7: Next Steps
- You will receive your ATT (Authorization to Test) letter from Pearson VUE within 5 business days via email.
- You will have 120 to schedule and take your exam. The scheduling process is provided on the ATT letter.
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or the application process, please contact AHIMA Customer Relations at(800) 335-5535 or submit a request.