Continuing Education Quizzes
Please note the expiration dates of each quiz prior to your purchase. All quizzes are non-refundable. All quizzes expire at midnight the morning of the quiz’s listed expiration date.
AHIMA customers have the convenient option of taking continuing education (CE) quizzes online to earn CEUs. The online CE quizzes:
- Allow you to register and pay for multiple quizzes at once
- Deliver immediate results
- Provide an efficient learning tool with a results report
- Instantly create a CE certificate upon successful quiz completion
- Are priced per quiz: $20 for members and $30 for non-members, payable by credit card
All quizzes have 10 multiple choice questions and are based on an article from either Journal of AHIMA or the CodeWrite newsletter. These articles are accessible online for you to read before taking the quiz.
To view your current list of available purchased quizzes and to read the articles, log in to myAHIMA and proceed to the CE Quiz area. Current quizzes are also available for purchase in the AHIMA Store.
How to Take a CE Quiz Online
- All quizzes are available for purchase in the AHIMA Store. Alternatively, members may log in to myAHIMA with their full seven-digit AHIMA number and password.
- After proceeding to the CE Quiz area, choose 1 of 2 options: "Purchase Quizzes" or "View / Complete My Quizzes."
- Click on the checkboxes next to the quizzes you would like to purchase. Please note the expiration date of each quiz prior to your purchase. The expiration date is located to the right of each quiz on the purchase page. All quizzes are non-refundable. Users do not need to complete all purchased quizzes in one sitting. Users have three attempts to pass each quiz. If the quiz is not passed in three attempts, users will need to re-purchase the quiz.
- Complete the Enrollment/Fee Payment process and proceed on to your "Quiz Bank."
- A confirmation screen will appear detailing the quizzes purchased and a payment receipt will be sent via email. Users can click on the "Read Article" link to access the article that accompanies each quiz.
- Users may take any quiz listed in the Quiz Bank by clicking on the "Take Quiz" link under the quiz name. Users can also return at a later time and re-log in to the quiz system to access and take quizzes at a later time. (Note: quizzes expire one year after they are published, not one year after purchase).
- Once the user has selected a quiz, the quiz questions and multiple-choice answers will appear. Select the appropriate answers, then click the Complete Quiz button at the bottom. Please click the button only once. It may take a few seconds for the system to submit the answers and provide the results. After viewing the results, users may follow the link to view and print their certificate of completion. Each completed CE Quiz is worth 1 CEU.
- If there are problems with submitting the quiz, such as a lost internet connection or a session time-out error (in these situations, the confirmation page does not appear after the quiz has been submitted), users can re log in to the quiz system at a later time and submit the quiz.