Crack the Codes: Advanced Coding Workshops
Designed to assist healthcare professionals with coding advanced cases in the CPT, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS coding systems, these advanced workshops allow participants to select the workshop(s) and day(s) that meet their training needs.
Expert coding faculty at each workshop will walk participants through the decision process of identifying correct codes with actual redacted patient health records. Attendees learn how to analyze documentation in order to select the appropriate CPT, ICD-10-PCS, or ICD-10-CM code.
Crack the Codes: Advanced Coding Workshops provides you with the flexibility to select the training(s) that meet(s) your needs and earn up to 26 CEUs.
Maria Ward, M.Ed, RHIA, CCS-P
Highest rating of any AHIMA face-to-face meetings! The 2016 Orlando CPT workshop rated a 5 for an exceptional job!
Day Three and Four:
- Gain the ability to review cases from different provider perspectives
- Accurately assign appropriate surgical CPT procedure codes and modifiers for inpatient and outpatient physician coding, and outpatient facility coding
- Advance surgical CPT knowledge to further understand the code set
Evaluation and Management code assignment will not be covered in this course due to the focus on surgical CPT coding.
- Learn how to validate the character application
- Gain the ability to interpret provider documentation to utilize the greater specificity captured within the coding system
- Advance ICD-10-CM knowledge to further understand the code set
- Learn to accurately identify the appropriate characters to build the proper code based on provider documentation
- Practice applying the ICD-10-PCS Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and Reporting with confidence
- Advance ICD-10-PCS knowledge to further understand the code set
Choose From the Workshop Dates