Important Test Delivery Information Pertaining to COVID-19
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to spread globally, our highest priority is your health and welfare. AHIMA is taking the following proactive measures, and we will continue to keep you updated as changes arise.
EXAM UPDATE AS OF 03/19/2020:
- CCA will continue to use the 2019 code book until June 14, 2020.
- CCS will continue to use the 2019 code book until June 14, 2020.
- CCS-P continue to use the 2019 code book until June 14, 2020.
- CCS and CCS-P Beta testing will be postponed (original date was May 1, 2020); New date TBD.
- If you have not registered to sit for an exam, we suggest you schedule after May 15, 2020.
- If you are currently registered to sit for an exam, you can reschedule or change your exam date from the Pearson Vue website without assistance. We suggest scheduling after May 1, 2020.
- If you need to extend your eligibility period past May 1, 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only grant extensions based on the closing of test sites and scheduling.
- If your exam date has been cancelled, you can reschedule from the Pearson Vue website without assistance. Please select a date after May 1, 2020.
- International testing window has been postponed: The new dates are May 18, 2020, to June 27, 2020.
- We strongly suggest that you do not cancel but reschedule your exam appointment. If you choose to cancel, you will need to follow AHIMA’s cancellation process. If you decide to take the exam in the future, you will have to start the application process over again. This may cause your examination appointment date to be delayed by an extended period of time due to high demands.
The Pearson Vue helplines are overwhelmed with long wait times. If you can apply one of the steps above to address your concerns, please do. If you need assistance, contact AHIMA at email@example.com. Please expect a slight delay in response due to high volume. We will process requests in the order they were received.
Our continued thoughts are with the people and communities affected by COVID-19. Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we adapt to the demands of this evolving situation.