Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner Credential
Now more than ever, a strong, highly respected clinical documentation improvement (CDI) program can make a difference in achieving the goals of RAC audits, ARRA/HITECH, and other important initiatives aimed at improving the quality of healthcare. In response to industry demand, the Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management (CCHIIM) developed the CDIP credential.
Professionals earning the CDIP credential will:
- Be distinguished as knowledgeable and competent in clinical documentation in patient health records
- Be positioned as leaders and role models in the health informatics and information management community
- Demonstrate competency in capturing documentation necessary to fully communicate patients’ health status and conditions
- Help provide a strong base of expertise in the industry
AHIMA certification can also help to:
- Improve earning potential
- Increase opportunity for career advancement
- Provide a forum to connect with colleagues
As technology changes the way documentation is captured through the use of EHRs, AHIMA is leading the effort to ensure it is still clear, concise, and compliant. AHIMA has extensive expertise in CDI guidance, knowledge of documentation requirements relative to compliant coding and billing, in addition to EHR functionality to support documentation capture.
At the heart of AHIMA’s mission and vision is documentation that supports quality health information. The CDIP certification confirms the commitment of AHIMA to globally improve and maintain quality information for those involved in healthcare as well as support the integrity of the patient’s health record.