Continuing Education (CE) Quizzes Online
Please note the expiration dates of each quiz prior to your purchase. Expired quizzes can not be refunded. All quizzes expire at 11:59pm central time on the Expiration Date listed.
Just click... AHIMA customers have the convenient option of taking continuing education (CE) quizzes online. This highly popular service offers a number of time-saving advantages.
Taking Quizzes Online
- Allows you to register and pay for multiple quizzes at once
- Delivers immediate results
- Provides an efficient learning tool with a results report including the correct answer for each question
- Instantly creates a CE certificate upon successful quiz completion
- Quizzes are priced per quiz: $15 for members and $25 for non-members, payable by credit card
All quizzes have 10 multiple choice questions, and are based on either an article from the Journal of AHIMA, an AHIMA published book, or from a listed community of practice resource. You can readily access all quiz articles before taking the quiz. For quizzes based on AHIMA published books, you will need a copy of the book to complete the quiz. To view your current list of available quizzes and to read the articles, log in to myAHIMA and proceed to the CE Quiz area. Current quizzes are also available for purchase in the AHIMA Store.
Current community of practice online CE resource list:
- Coding Community News Articles in Code Write
How to Take a CE Quiz Online
Simply follow these steps:
- All quizzes are available for purchase in the AHIMA Store. Alternatively, members may log in to myAHIMA at with your full seven digit AHIMA number and password.
- After proceeding to the CE Quiz area, choose 1 of 2 options: "Purchase Quizzes" or "View / Complete My Quizzes".
- Click on the checkboxes next to the quizzes you would like to purchase. Please note the expiration date of each quiz prior to your purchase. The expiration date is located to the right of each quiz on the purchase page. Expired quizzes can not be refunded. You do not need to complete all quizzes you purchase in one sitting; however, once you have paid for a quiz and completed a quiz, you cannot retake it.
- Complete the Enrollment/Fee Payment process and proceed on to your "Quiz Bank".
- A confirmation screen will appear detailing the quizzes you have purchased and you'll also receive a payment receipt via email. If you would like to read the accompanying quiz article, click on the "Read Article" link.
- You may take any quiz listed in your Quiz Bank by clicking on the "Take Quiz" link under the quiz name. You can also return at a later time and relogin to the quiz system to access and take quizzes at a later time. (Note: quizzes expire six months after they are initially offered, so make sure you don't let your registered quizzes expire).
- Once you have selected a quiz, the quiz questions and multiple choice answers will appear. Select the appropriate answers, then click the Complete Quiz button at the bottom. Please click the button only once. It may take a few seconds for the system to submit your answers and provide the results. After viewing your results, you may then follow the link to view and print your certificate of completion. Each completed CE Quiz is worth 1 CE Hour.
- If you have problems submitting a quiz, such as losing your Internet connection or experiencing a session time out error--in these situations, the confirmation page does not appear after you have submitted the quiz--you can relogin to the quiz system at a later time and submit the quiz again.
A Word about Security
AHIMA employs a secure socket layers (SSL) security protocol, which is a standard industry tool used to provide data encryption on pages and areas where personal data are collected. SSL protects the personal information transmitted from a user's computer to AHIMA, allowing for safe transmission of personal and financial information over the Internet. AHIMA also uses digital certificate authentication to ensure secure transactions.